- Improving the flow of historical and new data into OBIS, train the next generation of scientists and ocean professionals in biodiversity data management and contributing data to OBIS in a consistent manner, collaborate and bring together communities of practice (through clusters of decade actions) and organise or support capacity development and data mobilisation activities;
- Creating and publishing information products, at global, regional and national scale to feed directly into reporting and assessment processes;
- Supporting and contributing quality-controlled data to initiatives in the development of a digital representation of the ocean (Digital Twin);
- Engaging and closely working together with stakeholders in the design and uptake of information products and assist with regional stakeholder meetings; and finally
- Developing specific targets, track their progress and generate regular progress reports, and implement a consistent communication and outreach strategy.