This will be the first of several workshops showcasing Canadian and French ocean research opportunities within the exploratory framework of the France-Canada Joint Science and Technology Committee, launched in April 2023.
The workshop will include:
- An overview of Canada’s new Transforming Climate Action research program.
- A presentation on synergies between French and Canadian institutions engaged in ocean research.
Breakout sessions to allow researchers to explore in more detail collaborative links in the three following areas:
- Reducing uncertainty in the ocean carbon budget;
- Ocean-based climate change mitigation;
- Just and equitable adaptation.