The Pacific Community (SPC) through its Pacific Community Centre for Ocean Science (PCCOS) is convening Pacific stakeholders to the 1st Pacific Islands Conference on Ocean Science and Ocean Management to be held in Nadi, Fiji, from 11 – 15 September 2023.
The work to be carried out will include:
- Identify, discuss and prioritise ocean science and management priorities in the Pacific with all relevant country stakeholders and partners.
- Provide a platform for Pacific scientists to showcase their work and prioritise key scientific focuses and scientific questions.
- Take stock of the current situation of integrated ocean management in Pacific Island Countries and Territories and develop a shared understanding and way forward.
- Share on practical implications and example of integrating traditional knowledge to science project and ocean management.
- Discuss the implementation of the Ocean Decade in the Pacific and what it should look like.
This regional conference is part of the Ocean Decade implementation in the Pacific, as the SPC hosts the Decade Collaborative Centre for the Pacific Islands Region of the Pacific Ocean (DCC-PIR-PO).
For more information about the conference programme, key speakers, and participation details, please visit the website: https://bit.ly/PICOSOM2023