10th EuroGOOS International Conference will facilitate dialogue among a broad range of ocean observing and forecasting stakeholders towards a fit-for-purpose ocean information delivery.
EuroGOOS is a focal point for European operational oceanography since 1994. The Conference taking place every three years is a milestone event for the wide community of ocean observers, forecasters, technology developers, data services, and users. The 10th edition of the Conference has been endorsed as an official Ocean Decade Activity.
The key priorities of the 10th EuroGOOS International Conference are:
- Analyse the state of the art and defining emerging priorities in operational oceanography;
- Advance the European Ocean Observing System (EOOS) framework towards the sustainability and integration of in situ observations;
- Develop a seamless forecasting system of the European seas and global ocean;
- Strengthen the responsiveness of European operational oceanography to policy and governance needs;
- Foster engagement of all stakeholders to co-design the European operational oceanography;
- Promote diversity, equity and inclusivity in oceanography and ocean science;
- Integrate European operational oceanography into the global context.
The conference programme is available here. Register to the event and learn more about the conference on their website.
This event is co-organized by the EuroGOOS Office and the Marine Institute, Ireland.
Registration open until 11 September 2023.