This action will provide the science needed to support Pacific Island Countries to build resilience of coral reefs.
Many challenges face Pacific Islands Small Developing States to effectively manage the ¼ of the world’s coral reefs under their jurisdiction. The Pacific Island Coral Reef Action Plan sets out 8 key action areas where regional cooperation and international partnerships can support regional efforts to manage threats to coral reefs. The action will galvanise international science partners to share knowledge, resources and technology to avoid loss of this crucial marine biodiversity resource.
The Action will form a group of projects under the following themes identified in the plan:
- Optimise Capacity Building
- Forster traditional knowledge
- Coordinate education and awareness
- Streamline regional and local collaboration
- Conserve Habitat and biodiversity
- Science for habitat restoration
- Coastal fisheries management
- Apply research and monitoring
Download the Pacific Coral Reef Action Plan 2021 – 2030
This Project is hosted by the Ocean Decade Programme Pacific solutions to save our ocean: an integrated ocean science programme towards a healthy Blue Pacific Continent to sustain future generations
Start Date: 01/06/2022
End Date: 31/12/2031
Lead Contact: Peter Davies (firstname.lastname@example.org)