First Institute of Oceanography (FIO), Ministry of Natural Resources – China
The goal of the Ocean to Climate Seamless Forecasting System (OSF) programme is to dramatically improve our forecasting capability for the ocean and climate.
OSF builds on very recent observational and computational breakthroughs. During its implementation, satellites will be launched, new-generation drifting buoys will be deployed, transformative theories on air-sea interactions will be formulated, and a seamless ocean-to-climate forecasting system will be developed.
The overarching goals of OSF are to:
(1) understand the ocean-climate nexus,
(2) enhance observation capabilities using novel technologies,
(3) integrate observations with cutting-edge ocean-to-climate models,
(4) provide public services and products through developing a multi-hazard early warning system, and
(5) exchange advanced knowledge and theories on ocean science and ocean management with the young generation, especially to those in SIDS, LDCs and LLDCs.
Start date: 01/06/2022
End date: 31/12/2030
Lead Contact: Fangli Qiao (firstname.lastname@example.org)